It is a EPC project that consists of re-routing the pipelines in Misurata port, Libya. The project consists of rerouting of four underground pipelines positioned one next to another and running from berth 19 to tie in point of existing pipeline that further continues to tank farm area. BPC project’s responsibility is Detailed Engineering Design, Procurement, Construction, Testing, Commissioning and assistence to Putting into Operation. Complete design and engineering was developed specifically for this project purposes while defining, calculating and checking all the parameters and completing the design and engineering stage according to ASME B 31.3code.
According to the Scope of Work the following were part of new installation with required engineering design:
- Distribution piping (from berth 19 to tie-in point on existing pipelines close to main valve pit), which includes pipes, valves and all required fittings and supports,
- Corrosion protection works (pipe wrapping, painting, polyurethane insulation, A/G protection by means of aluminium cladding)
- Civil Works (trenching, anchor blocks, pipe supports, equipment concrete support)
- Connecting Instrumentation (for MP and HFO Sump Tanks, HFO line), which includes instruments, safety valves, conduits, cables.
- Safety systems (pressure relief valves and flame arrestor)
- Electrical installation (earthing system, heat trace system, DB and LCS panels, power distribution network).
New pipelines shall be designed and laid from berth 19 area connection to existing pipelines at Tie-In point located nearby the main valve pit. Connection between existing piping lines and new piping lines is established as “weld”. Newly installed pipelines shall be used for distribution of HFO, Diesel, Petrol and LPG products.